Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Blog 2.0 and Class Reflection

I am planning to become a middle school math teacher, so I refined my search to what would work in grades 5th-8th in the web 2.0 search. 

After looking at 2 different programs on web 2.0, I really liked "Pinterest" because you can get a lot of ideas on how to construct your classroom and "pin" things onto an electronic board. There were a lot of education pins from Pinterest that linked you to websites that gave neat ideas for the classroom. You could also look at your friends' pinterest boards and get ideas from them. This would be helpful if you had teachers in your school district using the website to get ideas off of each other. The audience for this website is basically everyone who has a computer with internet. It looks like it would be good for organizing a person's thoughts on any subject. The one thing I did not like about the website is that when you first sign up to have a Pinterest account, you must wait a week or so for the makers of the website to approve and then you can have an account.

The second website I looked at was called "AnyBodyOutThere" where people can post questions or issues and others can reply and have discussions together. This would be helpful for a classroom where students can have discussions outside of class about any of the subjects in class. They can even ask on this website if there are any questions that they were unable to ask during class time.I liked that the website was free and it looks easy to use, but I would want to make sure that the class discussions were only viewable to those in my school. This type of website would be used for anyone who would want feedback on the topics discussed.

From the previous class, I realized that just because there is an application for some area of teaching does not mean that it is automatically a good site to use if there is an easier, free alternative. A good example of this was when one of my colleagues showed the class an application for changing pictures and we discussed why we would choose this application versus using Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment